Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!
Default Blood lab results

Had a follow-up yesterday with the doc regarding my blood test results.

Basically, the last couple of years of relaxed diet and minimal physical exertion (in the gym) have pushed some numbers into the higher risk categories. Many numbers were still very good and almost all of my genetic markers were favorable.

The good news is, better eating and regular lifting should have a noticeable effect on all the poorer results.
The blood was drawn 12/17/12...before I started eating better and lifting again.

I posted about supplements and generally didn't recommend them. After talking to the doc, here's my revised opinion...certain vitamins/minerals are beneficial to the body, but generally dosing without knowing what you need is usually a waste of time/money. Based on blood labs, it appears you can get more of a vitamin prescription tailored to your condition. Of course, I know there's profit there and some will over-prescribe, but as long as you know the recommendation is backed by science, might as well supplement in a targeted fashion.

In my case, the recommendation was for vitamin D (D3), fish oil and a more potent B-complex (methylated).

Labs also showed mid-range testosterone levels and slightly elevated estrogen levels. I have no baseline for comparison, but based on energy, fat, muscle, etc. I would posit that these numbers are less than optimal compared to 2+ years or more ago. Consequence of aging and lifestyle and fixable.

Looking forward to re-test in 6 weeks.