13 in 15
Max Brawn
Points: 12,466, Level: 73 Points: 12,466, Level: 73 Points: 12,466, Level: 73
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: yes
Fav Supp: meat
KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!

*Disclaimer to make me feel better*
The 410 miss is 97.6% of my current tested 1RM so I don't feel too bad about the work lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterace View Post
Great work Rich! Sucks about the miss, could be any reason. You busted your ass and I'm sure you'll pull it next time you go for it! Keep workin!!!
Thanks Jay I made the most of it I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
DL misses (or PRs) take a lot out of you for sure...

Next time I hit a heavy DL PR or miss, my plan has always been to stop there.

A heavy miss has your CNS telling your body that it's at it's limit (for the moment at least) and will naturally restrict our abilities temporarily...

Point being, I'd say it's totally normal and you still did a sh!t load of work before and after!
Thanks JD! I agree that a heavy miss takes way more out of me than a successful PR lift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Good job Richy.
I like this. I always feel like crap when I don't hit my session goals.
Yeah Ben I am not a good loser, ask the wifey lol!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Just a quick thought - it might be prudent to review your assistance work to see if it may be affecting your lower back recovery.

Sucks to see a mad face, but I understand how it must have affected the fronts. There is something about deadlifts isn't there? Interesting how the VG helped so much, Was your grip an issue from the start?
No my grip wasn't an issue. In fact I may have been better off trying DOH on the 410 instead of O/U.

Could be an issue with my assistance work. Not sure if 49 chins and heavy DB rows yesterday would have an effect or not? The RDL's don't feel like they bother my lower back at all. I get a great stretch in me hammy's though!

Could also be a minor effect with my right shoulder/trap tweak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenrisulfr View Post
Take the good with the bad bro.
Yes sir fen that's what I did! Didn't pack it in after the miss. Still got 3 good pulls on that sucker
KD5NFW is online now   Reply With Quote