sleepingdog
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Exercise: Heavy bar work
Fav Supp: Steak
sleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributor

2/5/13 Day two (B day)

Squat
45x5
45x5
100x5
150x3
200x2
255x5
255x5
255x5

OHP
45x5
45x5
70x5
90x3
110x2
135x5
135x5
135x5

Power Clean
45x5
45x5
70x5
90x3
110x2
135x5
135x5
135x5

For never having done the power cleans, I think I managed to emulate the videos I watched pretty well. On top of that, it only took ading smoe weight to the bar to figure out how to really drive with heels/hammies for momentum so that my shoulders were only doing some of the work as opposed to trying to flip the bar up with just the shoulders. Definitely felt these a little in my hamstrings, and I liked it. After this program, I'm probably going to keep this exercise as a regular member of the family.

OHP... My how I hate thee.. I don't know whether to push through these, or go see a doc. When I OHP, there's a catch, and a click in my left shoulder. Absolutely no pain associated, not during, not after. It's not tighter on that side, or weaker after working, it just clicks. I really don't know whether I should even be concerned. Anyone else have a "clicky" joint? It doesn't do it with just the bar, or no weight, only once I start getting 70-90-110lbs.

Squats today were "work", but uneventful. I think the weights I chose for this deload were about as spot on as I could have hoped for. I'm not really feeling any after effects in the legs from squatting yet. I'm so used to getting at least a tiny bit of DOMS, at least enough to let you know which muscles were hit last time. I'm not getting any at the moment.

There's a mini-meet, Tshirts for 1000/1100/1200 totals, coming up on the 22nd. Trying to decide whether to screw with my workout schedule to do this, or say screw it. Right now I'm leaning towards not going. The training itself is currently more rewarding than a tshirt I can't even wear right now anyways.

As always, feedbacks, comments, slander are all welcome here. Leave your mark on my log and my training experience.

Personal tips that I've learned along my still short journey:

Leave your ego at the door.
Prepare. Showing up dehydrated, hungry, and tired will guarantee failure.
Be ready to fight for that grinder of a PR.
Listen and learn. Absorb everything you can, and assimilate that knowledge.

Top Gym lifts:
Squat: 415lbs
Deads: 440lbs
Bench: 315lbs
sleepingdog is offline   Reply With Quote