Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC View Post
Jim,
I've got similar issues in similar places (and an additional one). I hope you're able to find exercises that work for strengthening the area and that will continue to let you do the lifts you love without jeopardizing your health.

I don't really know what else to say. I understand first-hand how an injury like this can really rob you of your joy for lifting and your confidence with weight. Just take it slow and easy and, hopefully, your body will help steer your path.
Thanks MC! DB Rows went fine yesterday. Also, I am doing lots of dead hangs and will be doing chins/pullups to decompress. I hope to actually progress on those suckers for once as I am on a cut. I am also going to try some hyperextensions tonight. I am also getting Chiropractic starting today, along with massages every month, which are already scheduled.

You also bring up a good point about confidence wrt squatting over 405 again. Deadlifts do not pose a confidence problem ever for me. Squat will likely as that is the lift that seems to aggravate it the most at weights above 405. Funny, now that I think about it, that the Doc said deads will aggravate and irrittate this the most, when squats have always done it in the past for me. I know when I lean on squats, I am in big trouble.
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is online now   Reply With Quote