themaster2981
Max Brawn
Points: 3,153, Level: 34 Points: 3,153, Level: 34 Points: 3,153, Level: 34
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

Training Exp: 3 years serious
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: All
Fav Supp: Desi Ghee
themaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beast

Week 2 Day 1

Stretching 8 - 10 mins

Bench Press 6 sets

Warm up sets with bar
x15
x15

Work sets
10x10 kgs
8x15 kgs
7x20 kgs
5x25 kgs
3x30 kgs
3x30 kgs

Squats 5 sets

10x20 kgs
8x30 kgs
5x40 kgs
3x50 kgs
3x50 kgs

Unfortunately, my blood pressure went low after squats and had to take a break and wait to start Deadlifts.

I put weight at the bar for deadlifting but could not continue after a set and aborted the training .

ATTENTION MAB EXPERTS

I just needed to discuss a few things and gain valuable insights from experts on MAB. Today, after training I had a word with my trainer, first of all he is not impressed with my routine and its frequency. Given his experience only in bodybuilding, I have taken his advice with caution. He is of the view that I need to increase the frequency of my training per week, also he says that first the muscles of the body need to open up in order to increase power (of course with good diet). For this, I must increase the frequency of training to 5 days a week which will make the body used to lift weights. Then he says, I need to start with a split routine and concentrate on fat loss which he will guide me through. He did not specify details and has told me to come tomorrow and do what he says.

I have already told him my goals, that was to improve on the 3 compound lifts. He is of the view that it will be achieved after an initial split routine with higher frequency and good diet. This routine will be of at least 5 -6 weeks in his opinion and involve variety of exercises. In short, assistance work. I am no more inclined to do assistance work, hence I chose Korte 3x3 and my experience with the routine was good. But I think being obstinate will not help here. I will listen to the trainer and see if it works or not. He does not seem to be comfortable with the idea of squats, bench and DL on the same day.

I will update my log and let others on the portal read what new I am doing with the new routine. Meanwhile, I would highly appreciate if experts here can help me with their view.

Thanks in advance.

"Move me out of the away so that someone else can lift": Ed Coan after injuring himself during a squat attempt of 970 lbs in 2002

POWERLIFTING - ABSOLUTE POWER

Last edited by themaster2981; 02-04-2013 at 11:11 AM.
themaster2981 is offline   Reply With Quote