Old 02-04-2013, 12:33 AM   #16
DevoD
New Brawn
Points: 258, Level: 5 Points: 258, Level: 5 Points: 258, Level: 5
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: Roughly three-four years.
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift and Seated Row
DevoD has made some good postsDevoD has made some good postsDevoD has made some good postsDevoD has made some good postsDevoD has made some good postsDevoD has made some good postsDevoD has made some good postsDevoD has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I think it's solid.

Lack of shoulder and trap focus will hinder that goal, in my opinion. I never made great gains in my traps without the combo of power shrugs and deadlifts.

I wouldn't hesitate to make minor tweaks to fit your needs.

Good point. From reading others threads, it's quite impressive the combinations of movements/days that the experienced have put together through trial and error for themselves.

Upper
Flat bench: 3-4X6-8
Row: 3-4X6-8
Incline bench or shoulder press: 2-3X10-12
Pulldown/chin: 2-3X10-12
Triceps: 1-2X12-15
Biceps: 1-2X12-15

I was thinking for tuesdays keep it chest focused; Flat db and Inc bb. Fridays sub the seated db press in for inc bb. The only addition to the perfectly written routine would be lateral side raises 3x12 (or upright rows) on tuesdays and power shrugs 3x 8-10 on fridays. I don't think those additions would hurt the effectiveness of the program.

Anyway enough talking about it, time to hit the weights, eat and throw in some conditioning. Simplicity is my friend!

Thanks for all the help getting me going.
DevoD is offline   Reply With Quote