Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Yeah, I really think you'd be best off re approaching your training from one step down. So not as an intermediate but as a beginner again. You need more reps, more practice and now this is a perfect time for you to build up your lower back so you can finally solve the lower back issues which have riddled your training (yes I do pay attention to the people I moan at).

So basing this off the premise you're training as a beginner again. If you look at this article here:

Training Frequency and Muscle Building: Huge Gainer Round Table #1 | Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding, Powerlifting and Muscle Building.

You'll see that it's a popular opinion, train frequently with a small pool of exercises. This is your opportunity to go back and fill in bits of your foundation which were never there in the first place, as is evident with all of your major lifts.

3 x 3 won't cut it either. You need dedicated lower back work for medium-high reps. If you can't do either the squat, bench or deadlift three times a week for moderate volume without pain, then you are a prime candidate for remedial work. You are just that.
I laughed at the bit in bold

What can I say? Except thanks! Really appreciate the fact that you're willing to take the time to help a struggling lifter out. People like you and Steve make this forum great!

Nice pic in the article you big poser

So you think that 3x12 for squats, deadlifts, bench, OHP and barbell row should be my training 3 times a week using straight sets at first then ramping with deads? Is there any need to add in chins and dips?
This is a really good opportunity to train without a belt to improve a badly lagging midsection.

Dumb question but where do you think a good place to start is in terms of weights?

Getting it done one session at a time.

Last edited by Kuytrider; 02-03-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote