View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 06:16 PM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevoD View Post
I have been doing more reading along the forums, and finding great information. The biggest hindrance to my training is trusting a proven routine and sticking with it longer than 6-8 weeks. I really want to commit myself to a routine for at least the next 4 months, and give it an honest go. However I'm still worried that my chosen program (Powerbuilding the Muscle and brawn Way) is not the most effective for me; yes its focused on progression and compounds, but it has me in the gym 6 days a week (which I love). But I feel an upper/lower would leave me more time for conditioning and recovery; two things I think important for a natural, skinny (with a stomach), lifter, training to look and feel good. (and be able to stay athletic, play sports for fun). For my frame, as I have read numerous times, less is more.

I don't mean to come here and ask a thousand questions; once I trust a program I'll be well on my way down the road to results--and provide a log which others (like myself) can see what worked. The biggest step for me is just sticking with something. I think about routines constantly!
The routine is rarely the key to success. Most routines will serve you well as long as they have a proven track record.

If you want to do an upper/lower then you should. As long as you have a specific progression approach going in.

Let me know if you need help picking an upper/lower.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote