Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Just got in a quick saturday overhead press session, with a little chest and arms for fun.

Overhead press-
45x8
95x8
115x5
135x3
135x3
155x3
155x3
135x7

Extended ROM close grip pushups-
BWx10
BWx10
BWx10

My shoulders still aren't a fan of overhead presses. I warmed up for a really long time, but I just couldn't make them not hurt. I had the strength to move more weight, but 155 is as heavy as I'll be able to go for now. Hopefully I'll get stronger and get more of a feel for the movement. I wish I had dumbells, because I love heavy dumbell overhead presses.

Anyways, I felt my shoulders working hard, so that's good.

I did the pushups by placing my safety rails a little over a foot apart, then putting my feet on my bench. I kept my arms tight to my sides and allowed my chest to sink between the rails for a huge ROM. I also made sure to lock out each rep to hit my triceps too. The pump in the outside of my chest was huge, and I'll be using these a lot in the future.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote