View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 01:09 AM   #27
Rynpel
Human Garborator
Brawn

Training Exp: 1
Training Type: SFW!
Rynpel is a consistent contributorRynpel is a consistent contributorRynpel is a consistent contributorRynpel is a consistent contributorRynpel is a consistent contributorRynpel is a consistent contributorRynpel is a consistent contributorRynpel is a consistent contributorRynpel is a consistent contributorRynpel is a consistent contributorRynpel is a consistent contributor

When looking at training, I've always looked at it practice how you expect to play. The base if my training is based of the 3 main movements with variations for squats beltless, belt and wraps, and full gear as a geared lifter proficiency with it should be a top priority. And to do this one must be in their gear 1 time per week for beginners and up to two for more advanced lifters any more we've found to be too demanding on the body.
My generic week is broken down Into anywhere from 3-10 sessions per week within all those sessions I will always squat 4-6 times, Deadlift 1-2 and bench 3-6.*

Within the squat sessions *there will be 1-2 belt and wraps, 1-2 Full gear, 1-2 beltless sessions.*

Within the bench sessions there are 2-4 raw session ranging from 5x5x55% to 2x6x80%. And the shirted benching is always a pyramid with 2x6x80% taking it as far down then working up to 100% with boards.*

The Deadlift is trained at a lower percentage than the squat. And is always trained from the floor. With some session being a pause at a week point for a 3 count and the other session will be a pull of the floor.*

The squat and bench are trained in a 3 week wave. The first week is 2x6x80%, the second add 10-15kg and the third is done 3x5x80%+10-15kg.*

80% is used because it a heavy enough weight, that can be sustained week to week unlike higher percentages. Adding 10-15kg is a larger enough change in weight that difficultly is greatly increased and stimulates a training reaponse.

So why so many sessions per week? The answer is simple. Looking at other sport, how many practice each skill one day per week, normally practices are held multiple times per week and each skill is practiced multiple times in each session and in different intensities*
Rynpel is offline   Reply With Quote