Jim,I paused that video at least 4 times to wipe my eyes. Ever since I came on your log on the other site you've impressed me. No BS just got work done. Over the last several months you've done two high energy meets and expressed so much work ethic. And with your family,the crew,JB and the rest of us,you will always have supporters.
From the tiny bit I've seen so far,I know,we all know that powerlifting is family.And right now you have a hellish decision. Al has an excellent point. Yet your close to pulling 500. Just like Jay said, ultimately with your familys help the right decision will be made. Whatever you decide were behind you all the way. I know I'm preaching to the choir,Isiah 35 speaks of a time when the eyes of the blind open and the lame climb up.
Not that I'm saying your lame! I guess what I took the long way of getting to is,we don't want you messed up buddy! My mother has some sort of unknown back pain (won't go to the doctor) and some days she stays in bed its so bad. Like you said,its a major decision risking the 500 or wondering "what if?" Sorry if I was long winded.
I know you've seen it,here's a website that goes over treatment for arthritic facet joints. Basically saying either anisthetic or pro hormone shots,but are a short term relief at best. Also mentions fusing (I think) the two lowest vertebrae. I don't know about deadlifting or squatting with that?
Lumbar Facet Joint Arthritis | eorthopod.com
All the best,