MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

I'm psyched up already for tomorrow's deadlifts. I'm feeling really good, but I'm gonna be smart too. I want all the reps to be perfect. So probably no PRs, but I will hit a massive one in two weeks!

Thanks Fellas!

JB!! Today's benching was sneaky hard! I've never done speed benching before, but I figured going in it wouldn't be too hard as I bench pretty fast normally. Ah, no. It's hard! The rest times kill you, too. And mother of god, the curls were savage at the end!

warmups: usual shoulder and arm stuff, a little foam rolling quads too as they are still sore from squat day. Rolling pin does work too, btw JB. Thanks for that tip!

Speed bench:
12x 3x 185 1 min rest, mixed grips rotated normal, mid, close

BB Curls:
55x 25, 21

DB Curls:
13x 25 each arm
13x 31 each arm (this was one short of failure, and some serious cheating by the end)

Bicep and chest stretches to finish

First speed set, tried pausing and exploding up for most early sets:
second set, tried doing them more ballistic, but I don't like that as the bar path goes all over the place:
seventh set, pausing had gone out the window:
Last set, tried to pause a little, mixed results:

There you go. Harder than I expected, but upper body was totally pumped up by the end. Felt like Superman!

Deadlifts tomorrow, then I'm leaving in the afternoon for a weekend away in the mountains tubing with the kids and hot tubbing with the wife. I'll be back Sunday night ready to crush week 9!!

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote