sleepingdog
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Exercise: Heavy bar work
Fav Supp: Steak
sleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributor

Is there NO benefit to not coming to full lockout for certain movements? I am fully aware that many on this board have forgotten more about lifting than I know, but some things just feel more efficient by leaving tension on. Chins/pullups, I come to a complete stop at top and bottom, though I never fully straighten the elbows. Same with dips. Shoulder press, I'm sure I need to just improve my shoulders, but I find I have fewer post workout issues, and the workout feels more complete when my set is one fluid continuous motion without hitting elbow lockout. I guess the common factor here is the elbow. Can anyone address the possibility that the elbow involved motions, and possibly knee due to it's similar motion, could benefit from not reaching a full lockout?
sleepingdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links