Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Not sure why the sight of nachos grande sending me into a blind salivating rampage would be built into me.
Salt?

But seriously, I think the "instinct" gets crowded out by all the "noise" of processed foods. However, the theory still stands with "Nachos." Your brain knows what it's seeing and that it had a good sensory experience with them, so it sends you a "definitely eat" signal.

I once did what I'll call the "Dortito (TM) Test." I loved them but I didn't eat them on purpose for a long time....in the meantime, I was eating much cleaner, more natural foods. When I went back to Doritos (TM), they tasted weird, like metal, and not like food at all. Now, after having them occasionally they taste "good" again. It's all conditioning... you can retrain your body to give you more accurate feedback about food...then, when you see some things, you won't even get the same urges.

Quote:
Monday, started the week a touch over 203, so down about a pound and a half in two weeks. Pants feeling slightly looser is the better gauge, but all in all I'm on track with slow steady weightloss. I don't feel I'm losing any strength at all and I feel good.
That's great! My approach and macros are similar to yours. The last few days I haven't had the same appetite...so, as of today, I lost over 2 lbs of fat and gained just over a pound of LBM. Took me just over 4 weeks.

Quote:
calories 2086
Protien 170 33%
carb 120 22%
fat 104 46%
Really tight!

Quote:
OK, so I feel I'm getting a sense of what I need each day and about how much I should be eating in general. At the end of this week, I'll average up calories and macros and see what it looks like, then I'll keep it steady for another week and see what my pants tell me. I also want to watch the scale weekly too as I do want to get back down well below 198 before I do my next meet in April.

If I am continuing in the right direction, I'll leave well enough alone. If not, I'll cut 20-30 g carbs a day and see what that does for two weeks.
I think you are going in the right direction and your goal isn't that far away!