Old 01-28-2013, 09:15 PM   #92
PhillyDev
Low man on the totem pole
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,001, Level: 27 Points: 2,001, Level: 27 Points: 2,001, Level: 27
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: A heavy one.
PhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machine

Monday, January 28, 2013
Bench

135x12
135x10
185x8
225x3
275x1
Shirt On
315x2 - 3 Board
365x2 - 2 Board
405x1 - 1 Board
405x1 - 1 Board
435x1 - 1 Board

Close Grip Bench
225x5 for 3 sets

Incline DB Press
60's x 10 for 3 sets

Triceps Rope Pressdown
55x12 for 4 sets

Training Grade: A
I've had some good sessions lately. I feel like a lot is just coming together. It happens like this for me. Stagnation for a training cycle followed by one or two that just click. 435 to the one board is a PR. The common consensus is that if you can hit a one board with it, you can go to your chest. I don't doubt that in my case. On a side note. I got a text from my wife with a video on it. It was a video of my son starting to crawl. Sometimes I wonder what I'm doing taking this time away from my family. Not only am I missing some important stuff, but I'm being selfish about it. I thought about it really hard on my way home. Is it worth it? The time, pain, frustration... Yes it is. It's going to sound cliche, but time under the bar teaches you a lot. The weight in your hands or on your back is unforgiving, it doesn't care about your problems, it is inanimate. You mean nothing to it. If you are weak, the weight will crush you. If you persevere, you will be strong. My goal is to be a better man than I was yesterday. The resolve you have under he bar is the same resolve you should go about with in your daily life. My wife knows, and, god willing, my son will know of perseverance, and dedication and how it is an absolute must in the world we live in. And I thank them on a daily basis for understanding. To some people this is just lifting some weights, to others, an obsession. For me, it's my sharpening stone.
PhillyDev is offline   Reply With Quote