BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

I am just going to continue to update this thread with my thoughts on the subject.

- I could do an H/L/M. Something like this:
The 20 Rep Squat HLM Full Body Workout Forget Steroids: 5 Full Body Workouts For Serious Gains | Muscle & Strength
I've actually used it before. This may be the change I am looking for.

- German Volume Training. Something like this:
German Volume Training for Shocking Muscle Growth | Muscle & Strength

- Maybe I should just swallow my pride a bit and completely reset 5/3/1. Drop everything back to 90% of what it currently is, despite having reset the squat a few cycles ago. And the deadlifts, I don't know what I would do with them. I really don't like the 5/3/1 protocol for deadlifting. Anything over 3 reps sets on the deadlift is just too much for me. So If I was going to go this route, when I did start deadlifting again, it would be programmed outside of the confines of 5/3/1.

- I read this somewhere this evening:
The best way to prevent muscle loss when losing weight is to focus on maintaining strength. If you do what makes you strong and focus on progression, you will maintain mass.
How true is this?

Am I over thinking this? Maybe. Losing weight is a completely foreign endeavour to me. I have never attempted it before and really have no experience to lean on. On top of that I am a bit OCD at times about lifting....

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.

Last edited by BigJosh; 01-28-2013 at 12:36 AM.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links