Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterace View Post
Great work Super Jim! Counting isn't one of your super powers, but that's ok ! Congrats on the PRs, and nice ride too!!!
Thanks jay!! I would rather have other super powers anyway!! I am already dying to go for a spin, but that is still 4 months away. It is never driven before the street cleaners have finished cleaning the roads in the Spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Great session and a very good point about what to think when setting-up. Your conscious mind can hold one thought at a time. Make sure that is a good one. Before I approach a heavy set I get angry, psyched up but as I am under the bar, I am thinking about technical things. I am repeating cues in my head to make sure I execute properly. That way there is no room for "crap this is heavy"

Great work Jim.
That is some great insight Al. Thanks for that and I will for sure start employing that this morning for squats. I know what I'll do - get really mad a JB for making me squat 410 for reps!! That Bastard!! Grrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuytrider View Post
Kicking ass and taking names in here!
Thanks Kuyt!! Indeed - I'm coming after all of you!! How dare you all inspire and make me lift heavy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
strong bench work Jim! Things are going to come together nicely. I think we need to keep hammering the 2/3boards after we do a few sets of doubles from the chest. Finish this thing up strong!

Also I didnt know you were a foxbody guy. I have always loved those cars. Best friend had a 93 lx 5.0 that was white, beautiful car.
Thanks JB!! Indeed, I think we are onto a great plan that will work for me on bench. I just didn't have a good groove on that 3 board first rep. Now that i have done it, I have confidence I can do it. Getting under these heavy weights is just what I needed.

Yep, I am a Foxbody guy. I grew up with them in my "formative" car years. My brother is a car nut/restorer/mechanic and also loves these cars. They were popular for a reason - bang for the buck - which also left many buyers with enough coin left for further custom upgrades.

I also had a chance to buy a mint 1984 20th anniversary convertible a few years back, but did not have the money nor a garage to put it. Besides, I was always hoping to get this one back. I also wouldn't mind one of those SVO's.

I also liked the 93's. Does he still own it? I didn't really like the 94's much as they were to round looking. I much prefer the boxier muscle look.
Bench: 275 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1251 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 295 lbs
Deadlift: 515 lbs
Total: 1305 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is online now   Reply With Quote