View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #17
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Josh, my 5/3/1 experience mirrors yours. Starting off, it was great and the gains came steady. . .

It's hard to make gains on both the squat and the deads, it's also hard to make gains on both the bench and the press, and all at the same time. My squat and press went up nicely while my bench and deads didn't do quite as well.

The first cycle went great and I gained some good ground. The second cycle was also good, but not as good as the first. Every cycle after that had diminished returns until you finally just stall-out. I think it just beats on you after a while and a change is needed. After all, Wendler [himself] keeps changing things, why shouldn't we?

I'm not running-down the 5/3/1 method, I think most of the top methods are effective, they just aren't effective forever.

Last edited by Off Road; 01-27-2013 at 10:45 AM.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote