Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Funtime is now over! I have ran the gamut of exercises to ensure I keep going to the gym from leg presses to lat pulldowns and tricep pushdowns. Now, it's back to basics as I've cut 25 pounds and am in the best shape (conditioning wise) I've been in since my teens. Now, I can start piling on the kg's to the compounds once more. I'm beginning with the Starting Strength template to get back up to speed (it requires 3 x squats a week) which will be altered to high/medium/low intensity at some point and eventually ramping sets instead of straight sets.

Basically, I'm doing squats, deadlifts, bench presses and strict OHP as my main exercises; chin ups, pull ups, weighted dips, cleans and rows as my main accessories and BB curls, shrugs, calf raises and tricep pushdowns as other accessories that can be added at the end when I have the energy! The main accessories can also be dropped as the session demands.

Sunday 27 January
Squats - 90kg: 3 x 5

Cleans - 70kg: 3 x 3

OHP- 45kg: 3 x 5

Pull ups - BW: 3 x 5

BB curls - 35kg: 3 x 8

Seated Calf Raises: 40kg: 3 x 10

@ Home - Ab wheel: 3 x 15

Also went for a 30 minute walk.

As I said, if I'm wrecked after my main lifts, the accessory work can be binned as needed so the above will not be a given. The goal is strength gain on the main compounds with as little weight gain as possible. I've tried the fancy, now I'm back to basics.

Oddly enough, I've been doing this more than a week and my calorie intake has gone up a bit so I expected a gain or at least a rebound. In fact, I dropped even more weight and was 181.6 on Saturday morning, the lowest I've been at any time on the cut This pleases me.

Getting it done one session at a time.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote