BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Bump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
I've decided this is going to be my last cycle of 5/3/1. There have been far to many misses occurring lately. One solution would be to reset everything back to 90% of my current working max. I'm not willing to do that. It is what it is.
Mentally I'm tired of every workout lifting max effort. Physically, I have become inconsistent. I know when I'm burnt out on a routine. And right now, I am burnt.
At 9 months in, I can proudly say I have shown that I am disciplined enough to make a commitment to a program.

So, next week will be the last week. And I will be doing something else for a 2 or 3 months. I am hoping to maybe get some suggestions and guidance from you guys as I go about picking a new routine.

I am not exactly sure what I want yet, but here are some of my thoughts:
-I do not want to be working out with a heavy, max effort load every session. I need some modulation here.
- I am currently eating in a manner to cut fat. So with that in mind I want a routine that will allow me to maintain my current muscle and strength. It would be nice to increase muscle and strength, but if I am going to be realistic, I am just aiming to maintain the best I can.
-3 or 4 days a week. Either one would work.
-With my current low back issues, I will not be deadlifting. At least for the first month or so.
-Some potential options are H/L/M, Upper/lower, A/B, GVT maybe?

That's what I have for now. Suggestions are appreciated. I will be using this thread as I narrow down the options. Thanks.
I would like to clarify that my reoccurring lower back issues are not a primary factor in my desire to start a new routine. I am not sure if I unintentionally gave this impression in the post above or if conversation just went that way.
Not that I'm not grateful for the advice given thus far, because I am.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote