BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehubbard View Post
Why are you unwilling to reset the maxes?

Band traction. Foam rolling. Lax ball to glutes. Planks. All these should help.
I have reset my maxes once on both my deadlift and squat. At this time I'm not wanting to reset maxes (and stay with the same routine) because I need a break from chasing numbers on a spreedsheet and pushing max effort weight 4 times a week. These may be lame excuses in the eyes of some, but it is where I am at. I think I need the break mentally just as much or more than I need it physically. I've been doing this for 9 months, to me it is a long time.
In the near future I am willing to reset maxes and restart 5/3/1, I am not completely eliminating it from my tool box.

Thanks for the tips. I intend to buy a foam roller soon. I will also add the planks in to my workouts. I am unfamiliar with band traction and lax ball, so I will have to look those up.

Thanks.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote