MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Thanks Jim, yeah not much snow around these parts, so gotta take advantage of what we get. Plus, as Ravi said, it counts as cardio!!

Thanks Elite! Thanks McBeef! More win today!

So like I did last time, I'll split this up as there's a ton of video. Combining these last two sessions really isn't a problem at all, btw. It took about 2 hours 10 min today with abbreviated warmups and keeping the rest times 3 min or less.

JB Power Plan week 7 finished

warmups: a mess of lat pulls and some arm and shoulder band stuff

Arnold Press:
4x 6x 53DB
(3rd set was actually 5+1 as I lost one rep, had to hang for a second, regroup and press last one)

Mid Grip Bench, not heavy, just extra work:
4x 6x 205
ss w/ Lat Pulldowns: 4x 12 x 150

Some tricep and chest stretching

6x 53 Arnold Press, 3rd set:
6x 205, best set:
Last set:

I used this time to play around with my set up, esp. feet. I've been reading and listening to Dave Tate, and he had a point about arching less in your low back, keeping the arch in your upper back. What this does is allow you to push UP the bench easier and holds your butt down as you are aligned up the bench. It's also easier on my lower back. Now I know it doesn't look massively different, but even a little better angle from feet to shoulders really helps my low back. Oh, and dumped the weightlifting shoes as my bench is already low to ground, don't need to that extra height in the shoes like I used to with a taller bench.

Anyway, there you go. 10 min break, then on to Rack Pulls!

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96

Last edited by MikeM; 01-26-2013 at 05:22 PM.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote