Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
Agree entirely with your assessment about Lewis, but I think he would have narrowly beaten Holmes.

Joe Louis - I haven't seen many of his fights, but I know how highly he is rated. I think that as a guy from an earlier era, he's slightly underpowered against most of those guys. He fought at just over 200 lbs - I think that's too light to trouble Foreman. I think he would outclass Frazier, however. Against Tyson and Ali, I've no idea. My gut instinct is that Tyson would be too much for Louis (I know, it's heresy).
Heresy indeed!! How dare you?
Actually Louis fought at 210-215 many times and the young version of Foreman often weighed in below 230 (he was 220 against Ali). The prime Tyson was also around 215-220. I think prime Louis beats them all barring Ali. For me, prime Ali was close to heavyweight perfection, shame he lost years because of his ban.

I agree that Louis would outclass the great smokin' Joe and I also think he would be too smart for Big George and Tyson. I'm one of those who believes Tyson is a tad overrated. His best win is probably his demolition of Mike Spinks who was, by all accounts, bricking it pre-fight. Looking through the rest of his resume, there are many solid heavyweights in there (better than today's sorry lot) but nothing amazing. Now granted, Tyson could only beat what was in front of him but I'd have him losing against a whole bunch of heavyweights based on the fact that they would not bottle it when faced with him. Take away the fear factor, and you're left with a power punching fighter who lacks the finesse and ring intelligence of all-time greats.

When I say overrated, I mean that Tyson was a great heavyweight, just not an all-time great one.

Getting it done one session at a time.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote