View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 07:26 PM   #89
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
I'm pretty stoked about it.

I tried out a different gym on post yesterday. They just opened a crossfit style gym, so I hit it up. They had awesome stuff. Bounce plates, chalk, a prowler (a knock-off, but it still worked), a REAL ghr, and lots of other fun stuff.

I did power cleans, working up to 245. Not bad considering I haven't done a real power clean with bounce plates since high school, over 10 years ago. After that I did sumo speed pulls super-setted with some GHR's, then pushed around the prowler.

GHR's are AWESOME. Now I know why everyone loves them so much. I've never felt my glutes and hams like that. I worked up to 6 plates on the prowler, and considering I was pushing it around a floor with matts that grabbed onto the sleds, it was really hard work.

I'm going to be making more trips to this gym, for sure.

I'm not doing crossfit though. Hell no. I like the movements they use, but the programming is retarded.
I'd love to have access to that equipment.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote