View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #6371
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Cube Week 1 Bench

Quick stretch

Floor Press
Warmed up with a fair few reps and then hit:
100kgs +50kgs chains x 1
107.5kgs +50kgs chains x 1
112.5kgs +50kgs chains x 1

Last time I pressed I got 120kgs with the same amount of chains but I think I managed to get a set-up with more chain off the floor today which is why the lifts were harder. Here's last time's video:

youtu.be/eVqpSc6-8mw

Regardless I was pleased with how strict my form was and how I managed to grind through the top part of the lift.

Bench press
90kgs for 2 sets of 15

Holy crap that pumped me up!

Lat pulldowns
55kgs for 3 sets of 12

Strict DB shrugs with pause at the top
42kgs for 3 sets of 15

Strict military press
50kgs for 2 sets of 12
On the third set my triceps failed at 5 reps, racked the bar, rested a bit and got 3 more reps strict and 1 push press but then couldn't do any more.

Overall tonight was a strong session. Bit disappointed I didn't get a PB but that's the Westside mentality creeping in. This routine is about building towards the end goal which for me is the meet in April. Need to remember that. Squats up next on Saturday and it's explosive work with sets at 60%.
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links