Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimolasaria View Post
Awesome transformation
I transformed alright, a little bit too much. Now to lean down to reveal all that extra muscle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
Squeezing the bar is definitely a good cue, as is squeezing your glutes.

On your set up, make sure you're really pulling your scapula "together" and "down." Feel all the pressure on your traps, and keep that pressure there by driving through your heels.

When you unrack the bar, think about pulling it out with your lats, this will help lat activation for later. Let the bar settle, keep squeezing, keep your scapula together. When you break for the descent, think about pulling the bar apart and tucking your elbows a bit (you don't need to a huge amount, you're a raw lifter), this will help engage your lats and triceps even more. All the while keeping tight both upper and lower body.

When you reverse the weight, drive through your heels, but instead of thinking push the bar away from you, think about pushing yourself away from the bar. I started doing this really recently and found a tremendous increase in how much back/lat I was using. It works great (at least, I've found it did!)
Thanks so much Dave! I will have to start implementing these cues asap. I think they will all help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
I feel your pain, man.

You can definitely be strong at a lighter bodyweight. Some of the strongest lifters I know of are no more than 93kg. Good luck and don't be scared if your numbers take a slight drop in the beginning, they'll come back up!
Thanks Dave!! The Vegas lifters really started me thinking about this. Although some may have been on juice, they were alot of lifters in a weight class below me that were a lot stronger. Plus, I look at guys like Fazc. Finally, I just want to look and feel a bit better. Nothing drastic really, as I am quite sure I will always be above 200 lbs. It would be nice to sneak in and lift in the 93 kg class at a meet tho.
Bench: 275 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1251 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 295 lbs
Deadlift: 515 lbs
Total: 1305 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote