spiritthief
New Brawn
Points: 699, Level: 13 Points: 699, Level: 13 Points: 699, Level: 13
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: MaxiMuscle Promax
spiritthief has made some very good postsspiritthief has made some very good postsspiritthief has made some very good postsspiritthief has made some very good postsspiritthief has made some very good postsspiritthief has made some very good postsspiritthief has made some very good postsspiritthief has made some very good postsspiritthief has made some very good postsspiritthief has made some very good postsspiritthief has made some very good posts
Default 5x5 vs. MadCow for early-intermediates

Hi All,

I am here for a bit of advice. I came the long way to reach my current numbers, so let's not talk about the past, let's assume I have completed the base-camp of power-lifting and focus on the future. I am trying to put together a training programme for the next 6 months. I was reading quite a lot about both the standard 5x5 and MadCow and I simply cannot decide. I have read a lot of articles about both containing exact kg values and / or percentages when to change, when to use which, but they are not consistent, and I am a bit confused. I used 5/3/1 (probably a bit too early) and a 4 day split routine alternated to get up to this point.

I am now 94 kg, and my personal best lifts are
Bench: 110 kg
Squats: 150 kg
Deadlift: 155 kg
Military press: 65 kg.
Raw: 80 ish, never tested

Technique and nutrition is relatively all right I think.

Question is: where to go?

Is 5x5 still viable for someone like me? I have ran a simulation for 16 weeks, but using the 2.5kg increments I am a bit sceptic about the possibility of those gains. Obviously breaking platous is sort of 'part of the plan' but still...

MadCow looks a bit more realistic in terms of gains, but I do not know if I am ready for that because the tonnage is less.

What would you suggest to do at this level to break into proper intermediate levels?

Thanks in advance
Andras
spiritthief is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links