Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
Awesome job, dude. I like the idea of that drop set down to your previous PR. Way to smash that too. If I might offer a slight bit of advice, it seems to me that you could be quite a bit tighter during your set up. Think more of pulling the bar off the floor than jerking it. Give it a try if you want, it might help. I think it should make your lock out a bit easier.
Thanks,always something to work on. Learn and grow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehubbard View Post
Congrats on the sumo pr. How wide is your stance? Your upper back seems to round a bit and I'm wondering if you widen your stance a bit if you can stay more upright.
Toes almost touching the inside plate,which is normal for my sumo (plus I was barefoot). I wouldn't want my shoulders too far forward for sure.

Wed Jan 23rd
Speed Benching

Something different tonight.

Speed bench with 135lbs.
2x2
2x3
2x4
1x5

140 x5

145 x5

Speed was great I think,lockout was wobbly (more tightness). Fun too!

Seated dips. Each rep from a dead stop. A bazillion sets all at least 5 reps and none to absolute failure. Started with full stack (315lbs).

Somewhere along the line I worked in two arm dumbell rows. 90lbs 3x8.

Ab work and rotator cuff maintenance. I've tried a couple times not doing external rotator work,after 2 weeks without my bench hurts.

Video which ends with a good reason not to film in a car. I got road rage somewhere in the 5th minute.

Edit! For some reason the video will not work with audio past 2:40 mark. In a nutshell,I talked about seeing the same people in the gym for a year or even several years,making litttle or no progress. The message,set goals! And then I have someone cut me off and I get very upset.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!

Last edited by EliteDreams; 01-24-2013 at 12:37 PM.
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote