View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #11
Paradox
Max Brawn
Points: 4,404, Level: 42 Points: 4,404, Level: 42 Points: 4,404, Level: 42
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: July 2011 (competition)
Training Type: Sheiko
Paradox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCStrong View Post
I sit a lot!! ( Job related ) so I know that my back and hips ( really, my entire pelvic girdle) are tight .... but I probably need ankle and knee work too. I will start a separate thread for that one.

Like many, I train 4 to 5 days a week 1 to 1.5 hrs a day but that seems to do little to offset the 8 to 10 hours I have to spend sitting down. I have been considering using rest days just for stretching and mobility work- hence, the reason I asked the original question. Need to get on the "right path"
It's unfortunate, but office spaces and desk jobs have basically ruined the human race lol.

There's a neat stretch on mwod somewhere called the chair stretch. This one, I think:

Episode 15: You Must Defeat The Evil Chair | Mobility WOD

I think dedicating whole rest days to mobility work is a great idea. I like to do movement specific mobility work and chronic areas before I train, and then on days I don't train just do a ton of mobility work all over, and redo those chronic areas. Best of luck.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links