BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
Yes, sir. Got decent sleep, no work today and I'm gonna eat on schedule to be prepped for tonight's WO.

Wasn't anything major...I may have been fighting a beginning cold, but it never took root. Also, I think it's just 3 solid weeks of 5 sessions per week after being on the bench for so long...

We'll see how the next few days go. If still sketchy, then I'll probably go with 3 weeks of work and then a 4th week deload to keep the train chugging along.

How about you?!
It seems counter intuitive to deload so often, but I have been doing it with 5/3/1 and it hasn't caused me any issues. It's kept me fresher, mentally and physically. I think if you are feeling beat up after 3 weeks of solid lifting, take the deload week. But maybe stay flexible. There may be times when you can go 4,5,6,7 or even 8 weeks.
In other words, do what you need to do to stay healthy. In the long run, I am of the opinion that it will only help you and will not hinder you.

Keep up the great work man!

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links