View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #6359
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Cube Week 1
Deadlift repetitions

Foam roll and stretch

Deficit deadlifts
Standing on 25kgs plate
70kgs x 5
110kgs x 3
150kgs x 2
170kgs x 1
170kgs x 8

Block pulls
192.5kgs for 3 sets of 3

ATG squats with ghetto safety squat bar
100kgs x 8
120kgs for 2 sets of 8

GHRs for 4 sets of 10

Pulldown abs
30kgs for 3 sets of 30 done 10 per side then 10 straight

Well that was pretty much as hard as I thought it would be. Form needs to be more consistent over the course of the set. Some reps I kept the bar nice and close and some I let it get a bit forward on me. I can get away with it at this weight but as the weeks go on and the weights go up, I won't be able to.

To then do more pulls afterwards was hard. Weight felt light but I had to concentrate really hard on getting tight to make it easy. Great combination.

Ghetto safety bar and super deep squats kicked my a$$ but I sacked up and used the proper weight for the last two sets. More GHRs and abs to finish. All done in around 90 minutes and a horrendous hamstring pump. Good times. I love the deadlift volume on this. It beats me up badly but I feel like I am working to improve my pull which is good.
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote