View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #20
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZERWIEC View Post
Tyson won alot of fights before he got to the ring, its not surprising the guys he lost to were not afraid of him. I disagree that he had a good defense with that peek-a-boo style. No fighter is unbeatable and all had their style that would be frustrating take Ali with Norton, Norton wasn't all that but became a name cause Ali just had all kinds of problems with him. The main match up on this board seems to be Foreman/Tyson. I would go with Foreman, Foreman might be the only one who would have intimated Tyson pre-fight. My question is where do you put Holyfield in this, he whupped up on Tyson all the time but how would he fair against the others in there prime
His defence was not just in covering, but in his head speed, bobbing and weaving.

The guys who weren't afraid of Tyson were post-Buster Douglas. That fight punctured the illusion that he was invincible, for his opponents and in his own head as well.

In the Holyfield fights, Tyson was already well past his best - he peaked pretty early. Which is a shame because that would have been an interesting match.

Holyfield? Terrific heart, durability, conditioning. But did he have that massive punch to bother some of the others we've mentioned?

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote