View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #17
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Ross View Post
Honestly, Foreman in his prime was pretty much unbeatable. He had the reach and jab to hang with the outfighters, the power to deal with swarmers, and the chin and bigger firepower then the punchers. Ali had his best night with Foreman. Had the fight happened pre-championship, Ali would of been just another head on his wall. A bold statement, but a true one. A little tid bit, Foreman won an Olympic Gold Medal after only Boxing for a year and a half!! Then comes back to win a major world title in his mid 40's, any other boxer you know that could do that?
Well, he was certainly among the all time greats. Absolutely. But I have a problem with 'unbeatable' or even 'pretty much unbeatable'. Boxing is littered with champions who were considered unbeatable on the night they were beaten. Joe Louis when he was beaten by Max Schmeling, Tyson when he was beaten by Buster Douglas.

I think for every boxer, somewhere out there is their nightmare opponent that they are ill-equipped to deal with (though I'll agree that for most boxers, that nightmare is actually George Foreman ).

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote