Old 01-22-2013, 02:54 AM   #15
Trevor Ross
Max Brawn
Points: 4,170, Level: 41 Points: 4,170, Level: 41 Points: 4,170, Level: 41
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Food
Trevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
I agree with everything you said about Foreman ( except that he'd always beat Tyson).

I have watched Smokin' Joe vs Foreman.

My view that Tyson is a much more formidable opponent than Frazier: faster, harder to hit, heavier, with a bigger arsenal of punches. Frazier had a monster hook, but lacked the combination punching of Tyson. But I think the biggest difference is in defence. So I would say that Foreman never faced a swarmer of Tyson's calibre.

Edit to add: oops, just read Lee's comment which says pretty much the same thing

Question for you, Trevor: which boxers do you think would really give Foreman a hard time - any era? Apart from Ali.
Honestly, Foreman in his prime was pretty much unbeatable. He had the reach and jab to hang with the outfighters, the power to deal with swarmers, and the chin and bigger firepower then the punchers. Ali had his best night with Foreman. Had the fight happened pre-championship, Ali would of been just another head on his wall. A bold statement, but a true one. A little tid bit, Foreman won an Olympic Gold Medal after only Boxing for a year and a half!! Then comes back to win a major world title in his mid 40's, any other boxer you know that could do that?
Trevor Ross is offline   Reply With Quote