View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 12:29 AM   #492
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Doggcrapp
Fav Exercise: Choking the Chicken
Fav Supp: Vodka and loose Women
BigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite member
Default 1/21/13 Cycle 9 Week 2 OHP

OHP
135x3
155x3
170x3 (Goal x3)

CGBP
145x10,195x10,215x8

Fat Man Pull Ups (Rack Chins) w/ versa gripps
BWx10,10,8

Tri set:
Ez bar drag curl
60x15,15,10
Lateral DB Raise
15x12x3
Band Face Pulls
15x3

Overall Workout Grade:A

Notes:
Pretty good session.
I bounced back from the OHP failure of last week. The top set was heavy, but was controlled. I'm looking forward to seeing if I can hit 180 next week. The lower back was a little sore. I had to be aware of it. I belted up on my working sets, it really makes a difference when I am having lower back issues.
Bumped up the ramping sets on the close grip bench press by 5lbs. I felt it on the top set.
The fat man pull ups are actually coming along. Seems like every week I'm adding more reps. My short term goal on these is 3 sets of 10. After that I will go for 3 sets of 11, 3 sets of 12, etc. Not sure what the end game is. I suppose the ultimate goal is to start knocking out pull ups. As my weight goes down I think this is more feasible.
Finished with my bicep/shoulder tri set. Those 3 smaller movements done back to back actually get this big man breathing a bit heavy. Good times.
All in all I felt good after this session.
One last note, I am down to 276.2 pounds as of yesterday morning. 1 pound away from my initial goal of 275. I'm already mentally preparing for a run at 260.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.

Last edited by BigJosh; 01-22-2013 at 12:32 AM.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote