kennknee
Max Brawn
Points: 2,316, Level: 29 Points: 2,316, Level: 29 Points: 2,316, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 18 months
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Bench Press with chains
Fav Supp: Juggernaut HP pre workout
kennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributor

01/21/2013

My workout partner was out sick this morning, so I was a little apprehensive about going heavy, but decided to anyway, at least heavy to me…

Legs Day

Stats
Weight: 189.6
Mood: Average
Length: 1 hour 35 minutes

Warm Up – mix of ballistic and static stretching
Intra: just H20 again. I’ve got some intra on order for my 4 week cut (week after next).

Primary Lift

Back Squat
*this week, we are focusing on the 4-6 rep range with more weight than last week, again choosing a weight that we anticipate failure on the 4th set. Then, we add a short 15 second REST/PAUSE before attempting more reps to failure.

SET 1 – 225lbs x 5 reps
SET 2 – 225lbs x 5 reps
SET 3 – 225lbs x 5 reps
SET 4 – 225lbs x 6 reps, REST/PAUSE, 225lbs x 4 reps

Went deep, still feel like I need to sit back even further as my knees weren’t always tracking exactly where they should. I like doing the video for myself and for the constructive crit.

Day18BackSquat - YouTube

Secondary Lifts

Front Squat
* this week, we are focusing on the 4-6 rep range with more weight than last week, again choosing a weight that we anticipate failure on the 4th set. Then, we add a short 15 second REST/PAUSE before attempting more reps to near failure.

SET 1 – 165lbs x 5 reps
SET 2 – 175lbs x 5 reps
SET 3 – 185lbs x 5 reps
SET 4 – 195lbs x 5 reps, REST/PAUSE, 195lbs x 1 reps

I tried the modified clean grip with straps today, and I was very pleased. I am always trying to improve my form, and you guys have been very good to point out exactly what I need to do to improve. I can’t thank you enough for that.

Day18FrontSquat - YouTube

Leg Press
*After doing Back and Front Squats I was leery about pushing it all the way up to my Rep Max amount. I feel like I went deeper every set, so that was encouraging to me.

SET 1 – 1000lbs x 5 reps
SET 2 – 1000lbs x 5 reps
SET 3 – 1000lbs x 5 reps
SET 4 – 1000lbs x 6 reps, REST/PAUSE, 1000lbs x 3 reps

Day18LegPress - YouTube

Then I super set:
Leg Extensions

SET 1 – 170lbs x 5 reps
SET 2 – 170lbs x 5 reps
SET 3 – 170lbs x 5 reps
SET 4 – 170lbs x 9 reps

Seated Leg Curls

SET 1 – 170lbs x 5 reps
SET 2 – 170lbs x 5 reps
SET 3 – 170lbs x 5 reps
SET 4 – 170lbs x 7 reps

No calves today. I don’t want to test it after the near injury a couple weeks ago. I have Playoffs this week for one of my volleyball leagues. I can’t imagine screwing that up. Lots of stretching for me.

Overall it’s been a great day. I have some opportunities that have both come to fruition today, I can only choose 1, but it’s very exciting!!!
kennknee is offline   Reply With Quote