Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Thanks BTB. My bench is responding really well to my current training.

Squat day today. I'm still working on my form, trying to figure out what works best for me. I think an extremely wide stance isn't going to work, but wide is still the way to go for me. Everything today was done super wide, until I got to the box squats, where I decided to experiement and pull my stance in slightly. I was able to get just as low, but much more comfortably. The super wide stance is killing my groin. I'll figure it out.

Super wide stance squats-
45x5
135x5
225x5
255x3
285x3
315x3
315x3
315x3
275x5

Super wide stance box squats on a 14" box-
225x10

Slightly less wide stance box squats-
225x10

Even slightly less wide stance box squats-
185x10

When I bring my stance in just a little (only a couple inches) I can get more rebound out of the bottom. It feels much better, so I'm going to go with it for now. During the box squats I kept my shins straight up and down, pushing my ass back and knees out. It feels strong, I just have to keep working on it so I can trust it when I get real weight on my back.

My squat is not coming along as fast as my bench. I know the strength is there, I just need to get my form engrained and keep working at it. This session was not easy. My back pumps were going strong, and my shoulders hurt trying to hold the bar low after such heavy benching yesterday. I know I'm pushing my body harder than ever, but this is the time. I'm not holding back.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote