Old 01-21-2013, 12:30 AM   #5
Trevor Ross
Max Brawn
Points: 4,170, Level: 41 Points: 4,170, Level: 41 Points: 4,170, Level: 41
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Food
Trevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
Rules:

1. Suggest a fantasy boxing match, preferably between heavyweights from 60s-90s (otherwise I can't play)

2. Matches are between the two boxers at their respective peak

3. Suggest who would win and why.

I start: Mike Tyson vs George Foreman

My take (though I don't claim to know what I'm talking about):

This is a tough one to call. Foreman was one of the heaviest hitters of all time, and a huge strong guy that would manhandle people around the ring, setting them up for his huge looping punches. If he could put Tyson down, he might have it won, as Mike never came back well from being put down. On the other hand, he wasn't exactly noted for his defence. I can see Tyson really punishing him for that, counter-punching effectively against Foreman's untidy attacks. And a prime Tyson is a very tough target to hit.

On balance, I think Tyson wins six times out of ten.

Tyson loses every single time. No swarmer would ever beat Foreman. Big George had a rock chin, grit, ring smarts, and KO power in either hand. Watch Smokin Joe vs Foreman to get the big picture. Tyson and Frazier had the same type of style.
Trevor Ross is offline   Reply With Quote