13 in 15
Max Brawn
Points: 12,466, Level: 73 Points: 12,466, Level: 73 Points: 12,466, Level: 73
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: yes
Fav Supp: meat
KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
Good looking squats, man. You're actually fairly upright. I second the notion of not squatting into the mirror as it causes a lot of people to lean forward. I can't really tell your bar position, but if you still want a more upright torso, and the bar position can be higher, than try it higher. I think it's pretty darn decent, though.
Thanks Paradox! I used to low bar squat but I had a severe forward lean! So I am high bar squatting now and have been for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
The cue I used to use when squatting in the mirror was to look at my hairline and not into the eyes...tended to keep me upright more...I don't use mirrors any more....my mind is more focused on depth (hitting safety bars), chest lift, midback tension, proper foot width and spreading the floor, but keeping the head up is still key.
Yeah like I said earlier I don't have a choice on squatting away from the mirror without spinning the rack around every time. Not sure I want to do that haha. I don't particularly think the mirror is a problem for me, but it may make squatting in a meet a little more terrifying since there won't be a mirror there lol
KD5NFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links