Thread: water increase
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #9
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandraW View Post
I want to increase my water because I hardly drink enough of it. HOw can I make sure that I drink at least 8 glasses of it a day? What are some easy ways to incorporate this into the day?
Why? It's the middle of winter. If your diet is anything approaching normal, you won't be approaching dehydration. There's no point in pursuing some arbitrary target for drinking liquids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
The 8 glasses of water a day is a poor myth; the 2 litres which was rounded up from the initial study, also includes all water found in the vegetables and fruits that people consume, in addition to the drinks people have, not to the exclusion of them. It's a fact most are not aware of.
What Babs said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
....it's good for so many body processes, removing toxins, etc.
The body does a fine job of 'removing toxins' all day, every day, without ingesting extra water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
Many of the things we drink have extras in them that actually keep them from hydrating us but milk, fresh juices, and fruit itself will all hydrate you.
I'm pretty sure this isn't right. It's certainly not true of coffee, despite the widely believed myth that it dehydrates.

Bottom line: unless you're trekking across the desert, just drink when you're thirsty. It's as simple as that.

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote