View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #827
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspers04 View Post
Just finished watching Taken 2. I thought the first Taken was dreadful, really dreadful. Xenophobic, brutal, dumb, exploitative...did I mention dumb? But at least it had a certain energy to it. Taken 2 doesn't even have this one virtue. Plus, the plot is even more preposterous than the first. Still what you expect from a director that has changed his surname to 'Megaton'?

I enjoyed it, entertaining. Im not looking for realism. As far a Xenophobic, many places on the globe arent very American friendly, soooooo..... And I enjoy brutality, guilty pleasure.
Gaspers, without the quote marks round my comment, it just looks like you're arguing with yourself

Yeah, well I'm not looking for realism either necessarily, but there's got to be some kind of internal logic to it. Hell, The Hobbit is more realistic than Taken 2

Regarding the xenophobia - I think the first film especially kind of plays on an unattractive paranoia about Johnny Foreigner and foreign countries. When Neeson discovers his daughter is going to Paris, it's like she's announced she's off to Bagdad. And the thing is, in the Taken universe, he's right, because no sooner is she there than she's kidnapped for the sex trade.

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote