The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Nice back strength on those rows Brute!
Thanks Jim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD5NFW View Post
Strong rowing Brute!! Woot indeed for clean and pressing wheels next time
Thanks KD! I can't wait to be using the big plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimolasaria View Post
Strong working once again Brute ... Those BB rows looked heavy ... great going ...
Thanks Ravi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Nice work Brute!

Great OHP PR!

Where do you fail at DBs? At the top can't quite lock out last rep, or just stop before last rep because you think you won't get it, or go to press last and get stuck at bottom? It could be you're just getting tired as you're OHP increases, your DBs suffer.

Rock on!
I usually fail around the beginning of what I consider the lockout, where my triceps begin to take over. I really do think it's the effort I put into the first lift, which is why I'm not too bummed about the DBs. I can always get them off my chest, its around 2/3 of the way up that things go to hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterace View Post
Well then congrats on the PR!
Thanks Hunter!

Quick and dirty deadlifting today in the garage. Platform isn;t built yet, but I just threw down the mats and they worked for now.

Deadlift
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 3
405 x 1
455 x 2

The bar is pretty rough, which is nice on grip but sucks on the legs. Also, the bearings are a little stiff or something, it doesn't roll well, which makes it feel a bit heavier. Hoping that will improve with use, but still, its a pretty good bar and will work for quite a while.