Evil Member
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,228, Level: 19 Points: 1,228, Level: 19 Points: 1,228, Level: 19
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 18 (13 powerlifting)
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: MHP
evilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
I agree. My Crew leader Brian also told me this, which is why bodybuilders who do not lock out suffer pain if they ever do. Thus, they associate locking out with improper form which will eventually come to haunt you as you age.

All I know is that from personal experience, I have been locking out all my life and do not suffer from any excessive wear and tear. All the heavy ass benchers on the Crew also told me they have never suffered from abnormal or escessive joint pain.

I think ya gotta also train those tendons and ligaments, not to mention if someone wants to ever compete, they have to lock out and not only touch chest, but pause it there. All newbs should be taught to lock out, if not for anything else, to leave their options open if they ever want to compete. Besides, I think it is proper form and any deviation from the form should only be done if there is a good reason for it.
Exactly! I always lock out too and never had any big issues...only with my knees and ankles but I also used to jump from planes and still do a lot of running...
evilinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote