Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
I read that people who only ever lift without lockout never place the skeletal system under enough stress to be able to keep up with the muscle's strength, so in a way, they hinder their own progress; whether it's true or not, I don't know, but it seems to make some sense. Taking Oly lifters, as an example, the end position of the snatch is deemed the strongest in the movement because the skeletal frame assists in the load bearing where the muscles alone could not do so.
I agree. My Crew leader Brian also told me this, which is why bodybuilders who do not lock out suffer pain if they ever do. Thus, they associate locking out with improper form which will eventually come to haunt you as you age.

All I know is that from personal experience, I have been locking out all my life and do not suffer from any excessive wear and tear. All the heavy ass benchers on the Crew also told me they have never suffered from abnormal or escessive joint pain.

I think ya gotta also train those tendons and ligaments, not to mention if someone wants to ever compete, they have to lock out and not only touch chest, but pause it there. All newbs should be taught to lock out, if not for anything else, to leave their options open if they ever want to compete. Besides, I think it is proper form and any deviation from the form should only be done if there is a good reason for it.
Bench: 275 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1251 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 295 lbs
Deadlift: 515 lbs
Total: 1305 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote