View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 07:51 AM   #91
nighttrain
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterace View Post
This might sound dumb, but you can improve your squat really easy...get different shoes! It looks like those are running shoes which are garbage for lifting!!! I had issues with tilt and depth, and other shit too. I got some cheaper oly shoes and suddenly my form got way better and my numbers went up. Solid sole shoes are a must, or barefoot. Most people that don't want to spend 90-200+ on oly shoes get chucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
What Steve said!

plus, try a sightly wider stance on squats and pretend you're standing on a paper towel and trying to "spread the floor" to tear the towel in half on the down and the up...

Strong sumos!!!

PS - Better shoes can't hurt! The trick is, for some "better" shoes are flatter and for others "better" shoes are lifted... try the wider stance and compare to the old plate under the heels to help you figure out which one you are!
Thanks fellas, i agree about the shoe issue and normally i would be wearing my wrestling shoes, but i had to take my son to the dentist yesterday morning, which threw my normal routine outa wack, so i looked at my lifting shoes and said to myself, " Self grab those".. then i put the boy in the truck, came back in got his stuff for daycare and a blanket to cover him up... was cold here... grabbed his apple juice and pop tart for breakfast and ran out the door...
when i got to the gym i grabbed all my stuff outs the truck went inside and was like dayum, i need my shoes, so i walked back out to the truck and it hit me... I LEFT THEM WHERE THEY SAT IN TEH LIVING ROOM!!!!!!

Last edited by nighttrain; 01-18-2013 at 07:53 AM.
nighttrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links