Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: the one that doesn't hurt
Fav Supp: Milk
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
That was my point. Fazc is suggesting higher reps and lots of volume with high frequency while cutting. I wanted to see if he thought this could have negative consequences if maintaining strength is a principal goal. I've always read and believed that you have to give your body a "reason" to keep muscle mass by training heavy even while cutting. If anyone disagrees with that, I'm interested in what they have to say, especially BTB or Fazc.
I hear ya.

What Fazc is saying then is what I would call the concession to decreased energy (for heavy lifting). You may also be trading myofibrillar size for sarcoplasmic size...

I think BtB's real goal is to lose body fat, so Fazc may be prescribing a better approach for that, but Steve will have to understand strength may suffer...