Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
From what I've read and tried (a little), you can drop volume and keep weights heavy to maintain strength.

Steve is going to have to find a good balance because you don't want to keep dialing back intensity as you lower food or your net calories might basically break even....

Hypothetical example:

3000 kcals ingested - 3200 kcals burned lifting heavy = 200 kcal deficit

2000 kcals ingested - 2200 kcals burned lifting light/moderate = 200 kcal deficit

You could sacrifice strength for an almost meaningless change in calorie exchange...
That was my point. Fazc is suggesting higher reps and lots of volume with high frequency while cutting. I wanted to see if he thought this could have negative consequences if maintaining strength is a principal goal. I've always read and believed that you have to give your body a "reason" to keep muscle mass by training heavy even while cutting. If anyone disagrees with that, I'm interested in what they have to say, especially BTB or Fazc.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote