Thread: SLDL
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
SLDL:

Straight-legged DL
Stiff-legged DL

Saw this on tv, the other day, and thought it may be interesting to bring up for discussion.

I always assumed they were one and the same but a guy stated that the stiff-legged DL meant exactly that and was different to a straight-legged DL.

So, the difference lies in the fact that the straight-legged DL requires straight legs with no bend at the knee, whereas the stiff-legged DL has a slight knee bend with fixed position legs which are not straight.

Which means that on occasion, I have been doing SLDLs and at other times I did SLDLs but who knew?
Me

I am anal about these variations. It drives me cuckoo that people don't know the differences. Mental tick.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote