View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 05:39 PM   #6311
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Cube Bench Trial - Shirt reintroduction

Foam roll
Stretch
A load of face pulls

Bench Press
Bar for 2 sets
60kgs x 5
80kgs x 3
100kgs x 2
Add 2 board
120kgs x 3
Add shirt
2 board
140kgs x 3
Add belt
1 board
155kgs x 1
165kgs x 1
2 board
180kgs x 2

Incline dumbell bench
28kgs for 2 sets of 15 and 1 set of 6 Triceps died

Band triceps pushdowns
Light band for 100 reps in 5 sets

Standing DB OHP
22kgs x 10
22kgs x 6
17.5kgs x 6

Super mini band flies
2 sets of 15

Ab rollouts from knees
3 sets of 10

First time in the shirt since my meet. Fits great, possibly even a little better than I was backloading and a little more depleted. Plan was to work down to the chest but was feeling out the groove again and getting used to the tightness. All of the presses felt very fast and easy. 180 didn't feel too heavy in my hands which is a great sign. Pleased with this and excited to move towards my goal of 2 x BW bench at the meet in April.

The rest of the session was not quite as successful. To say that I overestimated my strength after the shirt work would be an understatement Didn't finish inclines or OHP as triceps and then shoulders were knackered so will adjust weights next time. Flies are hard on my old shoulder injury so will probably drop down to mini bands next time. Rollouts were strong to finish.

Overall I feel good to get back in the gear and good about the Cube set-up in general. Love doing what feels like a powerlifting and a bodybuilding session all in one.
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links