Hulk Smash!
Max Brawn
Points: 3,912, Level: 39 Points: 3,912, Level: 39 Points: 3,912, Level: 39
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: FOOD, nom nom
Shorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machine

I'll try to take a stab at what you're asking Mike. I think a lot of it comes down to the way people view the world today.

With the media, internet, and social networks it is so easy to find people that look like they are strong. Your average joe would love to look like that, and they see all the advertisements "lose x amount of weight this fast" or "gain x pounds of muslce in this short time without touching weights" and it fuels the idea that you can get what you want without having to work for it.

Today most average people look for the shortest route to success, and when you look at the body as the end goal the shortest amount to success is doing as little work as possible. So I believe that is why you see a lot of people saying they want to look strong without ever having to move the weight necessary be strong.

Class I Total @ 198: 525/335/600 (1460)

"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training.... What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
-Socrates
Shorts is online now   Reply With Quote